3 egg yolks
20g Cake flour
300g bread flour
80g cake flour
5g dry yeast
60ml warm water
80ml Warm milk
20ml Warm Cream
40g butter, room temperature
1. Heat the milk and the butter in the saucepan until it comes just up to the boil
2. Whisk together the egg Yolks, sugar, and the cake flour then pour the boiled milk and whisk to blend.
3. Pour boiled mixture through a strainer and Put over a low heat and stirring or whisking constantly until thickened.
4. When cream is thickened enough and flour scent is gone let this aside left to cool with plastic food wrap covered on top.
5. Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar with the all warmed liquids and egg, knead the mixture until the dough is smooth and elastic.
6. When the dough is smooth and elastic add butter at room temperature and again knead the mixture until the dough is smooth and elastic.
7. Wrap the dough with plastic food wrap and dough will need to be fermented until the dough size is doubled.
8. When dough size is doubled let the gas leak out of the dough lightly then slice them into 8 pieces and dough will need to be fermented again for another 15 minutes..
9. Using fermented dough roll it out with rolling pin and let the gas leak out of the dough then place the custard cream in the center then shape them as I did.
10. The cake will need to be fermented again until the dough size is doubled.
11. Bake cake goes into the pan and bake them as low heat and make sure lid is on.
When it's hot outside of cake should be crunchy and when it's cold it becomes soft please enjoy at both temperatures.
If you're using the oven bake it at 200~220C(390~400F) for about 10 minutes