Danish Pastry is so delicious. Although the steps are very complicated, it was worth to made.
170g bread flour
30g cake flour
12g milk powder
20g pastry margarine
(B) 88g pastry margarine
Click here - How to made Danish Pastry
(C) for grazing - Dissolve the sugar in water
1) Combine all the ingredient in (A) and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
2) Let it ferment till doubled in size. Wrap it and freeze it for 20 mins.
3) Flatten the freeze dough, put the pastry margarine in the middle.
4) Press the edge of the pastry firmly to ensure that the pastry margarine will not come out.
5) Flatten the dough by hitting it, then further flatten it by rolling.
6) Fold the flatten dough into three fold and then wrap it and freeze it for 20 mins.
7) Repeat no. (5) & (6) for 3 times then it again for 20 mins.
8) Flatten the dough out into a rectangle, brush with the egg and spread the sultana evenly. Roll up along the long side and cut into 2.5cm per slices.
9) Place the pasties on the baking tray and let it ferment for 60 mins or until doubled in size. Grace the dough with the egg.
10) Bake at 200c for 12 mins. After baking, graze the bread with (C). Ready to serve.