I like the tangzhong recipe very much because it making the bun soft and fluffy.
Ingredients:- (12 pcs)
350g bread flour
55g caster sugar
7g milk powder (to increase fragrance, optional)
125 ml milk
120g tangzhong (refer to this recipe for making tanzhong)
6g instant yeast
1. Combine all dry ingredients and knead until you get a dough shape and gluten has developed, then knead in the butter. Keep kneading until the dough is smooth, not sticky and elastic.
2. Knead the dough into a ball shape. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof till it's doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Divided the into 60g each. Knead into ball shapes. Cover with cling wrap, let rest for 15 minutes.
4. Shape and roll to enclose the sausage. Place on a baking tray. Leave it for the 2nd round of proofing, about 45 to 60 minutes, until double in size.
5. Brush whisked egg on surface of rollsBake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer onto a wire rack and let cool completely.